A great feature of CourseWorks’ Calendar tool is the ability to export events to popular desktop- and phone-based software programs.
To make your calendar available for subscriptions, make sure the Calendar tool is enabled (See this article on enabling site tools).
Technical tip: “subscribing” versus “importing”:
Be sure that you instruct students to subscribe to the calendar rather than downloading and importing a copy of the calendar. If they do the latter they will not receive updates to the calendar over the course of the semester.
2. Click: “Subscribe”
3. Copy the URL.
4. Students can use this URL to subscribe in Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple iCal, or iOS calendars. See the instructions below for each platform.
- Copy the “https://...” URL generated by New Courseworks .
- Open your Google Calendar.
- In the left panel, open the dropdown menu to the right of “Other Calendars” and select “Add by URL”
- Paste the copied hyperlink into the URL field.
For more on calendar subscriptions in Google Calendar, see this article.
- Double-click the “webcals://...” URL generated by New Courseworks.
- Once you double-click the webcals link, in Outlook you should see a dialog box asking if you'd like to "Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and Subscribe to Updates".
- Click "Yes."
For more on calendar subscriptions in Outlook, see this article.
- Copy the “https://...” URL generated by New Courseworks
- Open iCal
- Click the Calendar menu in the toolbar
- Select "Subscribe", and paste in the https link.
For more on calendar subscriptions in iCal, see this article.
iOS Calendar (iPhone/iPad/iTouch)
- Open “Settings” on your iOS device.
- Open “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Select “Add Account”
- Select “Other” (the last option listed)
- Select “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- Paste the calendar link into the “Server” field (you needn't add your uni/pass to subscribe to the calendar)
For more on calendar subscriptions in iOS, see this article.