Things to consider when setting up a CourseWorks Poll:
- Voting is anonymous.
- Participants may only vote once per poll.
- A poll can only consist of one question.
- If you want to ask a set of related questions it might be better to use the Tests and Quizzes tool.
1. To activate the Polls tool within your CourseWorks site, so that it appears in the left, vertical navigation bar, click site settings→ click Edit Tools→ scroll and locate Polls from the tools list→ click continue and finish to complete activation.
2. Navigate to the Polls page and click→ Add a Poll tab.
3. Type in your poll question and instructions as show below.
Note: Remember to choose an opening and closing date at the bottom of the page. Decide on limitations and how and when results will be visible:
4. Next, select the maximum and minimum number of answer options that a user may select. Click→ Save and add options. Type in the first answer option available for the question and then click→ Save and add options. Repeat until all answer options have been entered, then click on Save.
Editing a poll
To edit a poll, click→ Edit. Adjust the settings in the form. Links will be provided to add, edit and delete answer options. Click→ Save to finish.
Deleting a poll
To delete a poll, click on the relevant box in the Remove column and then click→ Update.
Viewing Poll results
To view results click the Results link alongside the relevant poll. The number of votes for each answer option, the percentages associated with these figures, and the total number of votes will be displayed.
Setting permissionsTo control who may or may not vote, as well as who may create, edit and delete polls, click→ Permissions in the options bar. Once you have adjusted the permissions by ticking the relevant boxes, click→ Save.